The Committee has been established to support good governance across the Middle East.
Committee member Ellecia Saffron GAICD, Managing Director of Maysaffron, said that the Committee’s inception is timely, as the Middle East and particularly the UAE, emerges as a global and financial business hub.
“Establishments like Abu Dhabi Global Market and Dubai International Finance Center are focusing increasingly on connecting with the rest of the world, and they recognise strong governance, accountability and transparency as key to this,” Saffron said.
“I believe strongly in this initiative and its shared values with the UAE’s business landscape, and I’m pleased to volunteer my time,” she said.
The AICD has provided director education, events and services to members in the UAE and neighbouring countries in the Middle East for over a decade. AICD Head of International, Edward Palmisano, in being on the ground both in Australia and the UAE has witnessed the growing focus on good governance.
“There is a strong commitment to corporate governance in the UAE that we see when we deliver the International Company Directors Course,” Palmisano said.
The committee held its inaugural meeting on 10 March 2019 in Dubai. Committee members include:
- Adam Malouf FAICD, Chief Asset Sourcing Officer, Knowledge Fund
- Anneliese Reinhold GAICD, General Counsel & SVP Legal Regulation Affairs, Emirates Integrated Telecommunications Company PJSC
- Cheryl Thornton AAICD, Head of HR South Asia & Middle East, Fred Hollows Foundation
- Dean Rowan GAICD, Chief Executive Officer, Gulf One Investment Bank
- Ellecia Saffron GAICD, Managing Director, Maysaffron
- Gerard Hutchinson FAICD, Chief Financial Officer, AF Construction LLC
- Krysta Fox GAICD
- Mark Lynch FAICD, Chairman, Citigold Corporation Limited
- Mehdi Danesh GAICD, Head of Advisory, Hill International
- Rebecca Hall GAICD, Deputy Chief Investment Officer, BHC
- Walid Gamali MAICD, Chief Executive Officer, 3W Networks