Kee Wong is an entrepreneur, investor, advisor and Non-Executive Director with a background and qualifications in Engineering, Information technology and Business.
Since 1999, Kee has started several businesses and has made investments across a number of industries which include technology, services, retail, food and beverage, trading and property.
Prior to being an entrepreneur, Kee practiced as an engineer after graduating from Monash University in 1985, Kee then joined a number of IT and management consulting firms and practiced as an IT/Management consultant for a number of years. Kee joined IBM (a global IT company) in 1994 as a senior executive running part of its e-business group in the Asia Pacific region, including Australia and New Zealand.
In 1999, Kee founded his first business, e-Centric Innovations – an IT/Management consulting firm that is still operating successfully in Australia, Malaysia and Singapore, serving large multinational enterprises and governments.
Since then, Kee has started (and invested in) a number of other businesses and today continues to invest in startup as well as established businesses globally (Australia, Malaysia, Singapore, China and US – in Silicon Valley).
In addition to running and investing in businesses, Kee also sits on a number of Boards.
Kee is a Board member of Carsales.com, an ASX100 company listed on the Australian stock exchange.
Kee is also a Board member for the Australian Institute of Company Directors (AICD), the Committee for Melbourne, a member of the Metro Trains Melbourne Strategic Advisory Committee, Victorian Government Ministerial Advisory Council on International Education and Victorian Government Ministerial Innovation Taskforce. Recently, Kee has also joined the VicTrack Strategic Innovation Advisory Group, Transform Reform Board (Victorian Department of Transport), ANU Centre for Asian-Australian Leadership Advisory Board and Swinburne University’s Technology, Innovation and Value Creation sub-committee.
Previously, Kee was also Chairman of the Australian Information Industry Association (AIIA), a Deputy Chairman of Asialink, a Council Member of Victoria University, a Director of LaunchVic (a Victorian Government Innovation/Startup fund), the Melbourne Symphony Orchestra (MSO), Australian Services Roundtable (ASR), Federation Square and Foundation of the National Gallery of Victoria (NGV).
Kee is a Fellow of the Australian Institute of Company Directors (AICD) and Adjunct Professor of Engineering and IT at La Trobe University. Kee was awarded a Fellow of Monash University in 2010 and Distinguished Alumni in 2014.
Kee has a Bachelor of Engineering (Hons.), a Graduate Diploma in Computing and an MBA.
Kee’s experience can be summarized below:
- An entrepreneur;
- An experienced Board member across a number of industries;
- Has experience and well established connections in Asia (particularly China, India, Hong Kong, Singapore and Malaysia);
- A leader and advisor to the ICT industry in Australia, Malaysia, Singapore and good working relationships with industries in UK, US, Canada and Vietnam;
- An advisor to universities linking industry and commerce with academia and R&D activities;
- An advisor and contributor to the Arts industry;
- Experienced professional in business, engineering and ICT for both global multinational companies (MNC) as well as Small Medium Enterprise (SME);
- Experienced in venture capital and private equity investment and providing corporate advisory services to startup and early stage companies.