COVID-19 has fast tracked the evolution of the virtual annual meeting. The new rules governing online meetings, while temporary, provide a way for companies to leverage technology to improve shareholder engagement. On 6 May 2020 the Federal Government made temporary modifications to the Corporations Act designed to facilitate the holding of online member meetings.
Our host and panel will cover:
- ASIC releases concerning virtual member meetings
- The Treasurer’s temporary Corporations Act amendments to permit virtual general meetings
- Notice and quorum requirements
- Process and logistics for shifting to a virtual meeting
- Virtual meeting best practices—what to do and not do
- Creating a positive member experience
- The hybrid meeting alternative
This webinar will answer your questions about running virtual annual general meetings. How virtual meetings can assist you to manage the event more effectively, demonstrating transparency and ensuring better connections with members. Supporting resources are located here: COVID-19: Virtual member meetings.