Early signs suggest that the damage to the Australian economy – while substantial – may turn out to be less than originally feared.
AICD’s Chief Economist Mark Thirlwell will examine amongst other things the impacts of:
- The extensive monetary and fiscal support that has been deployed
- The recovery in consumer confidence
- The unfolding labour market shock
- The implications for Australia of our changing relationship with China
- The contraction in first quarter GDP and what the short-term economic outlook may look like
Join Mark for an update on how the Australian economy is tracking in the age of the Coronavirus.