Combining virtual classroom sessions, online learning activities and individual study, the blended delivery method offers a flexible and highly engaging learning environment and the opportunity to connect with your online peers.
After completing the course you will have a clear understanding of how to contribute to board performance and effectiveness, and will walk away with valuable new connections.
The course offers a structured program over a total of 11 weeks which includes:
- Two weeks of pre-reading to familiarise yourself with the course materials.
- An online Course Introduction Session to welcome participants and discuss how the course will be delivered. During this session you will virtually meet the teaching faculty and Learning Support Executive who will guide you through the program. This is also a good opportunity to meet your cohort of fellow online learners.
- Three days in our virtual classroom (one day per week over three weeks) where you will explore key concepts and case studies which cover the fundamentals of directorship.
- A six-week assessment period, during which you will be supported by a dedicated Learning Support Executive as you navigate the optional assessment task.
- An online ‘Meet the Director’ session. An experienced director will provide insights into kickstarting a director career and how to apply your new knowledge in today’s governance environment.
During the course, you will have access to:
- Hard and soft copy course notes, live tutorial sessions and online discussion forums that allow you to connect and discuss the course content.
- An online Meet the Director session where you can engage with an experienced director.
- A dedicated Learning Support Executive who will support you as you prepare for the optional assessment.
- Additional resources to help you prepare for assessment, including an assessment-focused video exploring tips and tricks, and a practice quiz where you can familiarise yourself with the type of questions you will be asked.
After the course, participants:
- Will accrue 30 DPD units for completing the course.
- Can undertake the course assessment; this must be completed within six weeks of the final live virtual classroom session.
On successful completion of the course assessment, participants:
- Will qualify for the Foundations of Directorship Certificate and earn an additional 5 DPD units.