Being supported by a team of experienced faculty members and a dedicated a team of experienced faculty members and a dedicated Learning Support Executive. Combining virtual classroom sessions, online learning activities and individual study, the blended delivery method offers a flexible and highly engaging learning environment and the opportunity to connect with your online peers.
After completing the program you will have clarity around your role in contributing to board performance and effectiveness. You will also walk away with new connections who could play an invaluable role in your career progression.
The structured 11-week program includes:
- Two weeks of pre-reading to familiarise yourself with the course materials.
- Hard and soft copy program notes, live virtual classrooms and online discussion forums that allow you to connect and discuss the course content.
- An online Course Introduction Session to welcome participants and discuss how the course will be delivered
- During this session you will meet the teaching faculty and your Learning Support Executive who will guide you through the program. This is also a good opportunity to meet the other participants in your course.
- Three days in our virtual classroom (one day per week over three weeks) where you will explore key concepts and case studies which cover the fundamentals of directorship.
- A six-week assessment period, during which you will be supported by a dedicated Learning Support Executive as you navigate the optional assessment task.
- An online ‘Meet the Director’ session. An experienced director will provide insights into kickstarting a director career and how to apply your new knowledge in today’s governance environment.
- A dedicated Learning Support Executive who will support you as you prepare for the optional assessment.
- Additional resources to help you prepare for assessment, including a video exploring tips and a practice quiz where you can familiarise yourself with the type of questions you will be asked.
After completing the course:
- You will accrue 30 DPD units.
- You can undertake the course assessment; this must be completed within six weeks of the final live virtual classroom session.
On successful completion of the course assessment:
- You will qualify for the Foundations of Directorship Certificate and earn an additional 5 DPD units.
To effectively participate in the virtual classrooms, we recommend that all participants:
- Have access to reliable, high-speed internet (a minimum bandwidth of 4Mbps for uploads and downloads).
- Use a computer or device with a quality camera and microphone.
- Have access to a quiet, private location for the duration of the virtual classrooms.
Foundations of Directorship Online is also available for in-house delivery. Enquire here for more information.