The Company Directors Course provides a comprehensive overview of the roles and duties of board directors and includes topics on the legal environment, the director mindset, strategy and risk, financial performance, decision making, board and organisational culture, board dynamics and measuring board effectiveness.
Upon completion of this course, participants will have an understanding of:
- The duties of directors, the legal environment in which they operate and the function and responsibilities of the board
- Contemporary issues facing boards and relevant frameworks and tools to help boards govern effectively
- The board’s role in developing and executing strategy, overseeing risk, and developing and monitoring culture
- How to analyse financial reports and financial performance and the levers available to the board in driving organisational performance
- Board dynamics, how to improve board effectiveness, and how a constructive board culture can create value for an organisation.
Through learning activities including in-depth case studies and the opportunity to share professional experiences with peers, participants will also gain an understanding of how to apply learnings to their own circumstances.