The Program introduces Mentees to chairs and experienced past and current ASX200 directors (‘Mentors’).
The Program aims to assist Mentees to:
- gain knowledge and skills that will assist them in the transition process from executive to non-executive director, enabling them to contribute as peers in the boardroom;
- gain insights into their unique value proposition for boards;
- increase their practical knowledge of governance issues in listed companies and how listed company boards operate;
- gain valuable insight, advice and guidance on the process of selecting and appointing new directors;
- foster connections with influential business leaders; and
- develop and grow as directors and people, understanding the program is one element in their director journeys.
The Program is also designed to enhance the connections of chairs and experienced directors of ASX200 listed companies with a pool of experienced and skilled women who may be suitable for director roles.
In the long-term, it is hoped that the Program will assist Mentees (through the provision of advice, guidance and support of Mentors) to contribute effectively as directors and achieve their professional goals.
Although it is hoped the Program will assist the Mentees achieve board appointments, this is neither the role of, nor within the control of, either the Mentor or the AICD.