Boards understand the importance of strong organisational health, but are the ongoing challenges of the COVID-19 environment causing boards to shift their focus?
What is the impact of this new environment on mental health and wellbeing and what considerations do boards need to be aware of as they work to protect their organisations?
Join this virtual discussion and hear experts Jono Nicholas, Kate Hillman and Kate Carnell AO FAICD as they explore:
- How does the board lead an organisation through uncertainty?
- Strategy, risk and safety considerations
- Support for the executive team
- What are the board’s responsibilities in:
- Leading the executive team through redundancies, zombie organisations, and offices becoming a ‘hazardous’ workplace
- Understanding employee workloads in times of crisis and responding accordingly
- Governance vs. executive support
- Using psychology to predict and manage mental wellbeing in the office environment
- How to support ‘cognitive load’, especially in a remote working environment
- Whether shared sacrifices mean shared rewards/benefits.
- Are boards viewing the current environment purely as an economic crisis or as a mental health crisis as well?
- How can board’s set risk and strategy parameters with a longer-term view and avoid complacency coming into play?
Following the panel discussion our speakers will engage with the audience for Q&A.
This event will take place over a virtual event platform. Login information will be sent one day prior to the event.
Please note that as this is a Zoom event your name is not shown to other attendees (camera and microphones automatically turned off) and will only be known to AICD. Please note that you will have the option to log in anonymously but if you choose to do so, we will be unable to allocate DPD against your member record.