Join this virtual discussion and hear experienced international company directors Jane Diplock AO and Walid Shukri discuss their international director careers and advice for directors starting out. International CEO, board recruiter and global board member, David Hui will also address the director recruitment process.
This session, the third in a series of three sessions designed to support global directors, will explore the interview and due diligence processes, how to ensure your cover letter and CV are effective, and ways to maximise your opportunities to secure a global board role.
The panel will discuss their experiences with:
- Finding their first and subsequent directorships
- Developing a director career path including mapping out a plan, setting objectives, targeting organisations and implementation
- The director recruitment process including what qualities and experience recruiters look for
- The due diligence directors should do when applying for board positions including the questions they should ask during an interview and the red flags to watch for
- How to ensure your director CV stands out and whether directors need a digital footprint
- Preparing for the interview process, what questions you will likely be asked, and how to avoid common mistakes made as applicants
- How to maximise your recruitment opportunities
- Jane Diplock AO, Board Director at Singapore Exchange Limited
- Walid Shukri, CPA
- David Hui, Regional Managing Partner, Heidrick & Struggles Hong Kong
Following the panel discussion Jane, Walid and David will take questions from the audience.
This event will take place over the Zoom webinar platform. Login information will be sent one day prior to the event.
Please note that as this is a Zoom event your name is not shown to other attendees (camera and microphones automatically turned off) and will only be known to AICD. Please note that you will have the option to log in anonymously but if you choose to do so, we will be unable to allocate DPD against your member record.