Announcing the International Scholarships Program 2018
We are pleased to announce the launch of our International Scholarship Program, offering one full scholarship place to each of our International Company Directors Courses (ICDC) in Hong Kong, Singapore and Dubai, and one full scholarship place to our Fiji Directors Course.
The scholarships are designed for those, who without financial support would not be able to attend such governance training. We recognise the importance of developing skills and knowledge, and offer scholarships to contribute to our mission of making a positive impact on the community through governance training.
What are the benefits of this scholarship?
Our courses are based on global governance principles and covers directors’ duties, the international legal environment, risk and strategy, financial literacy and board effectiveness. Designed by expert educators and experienced directors, our courses provide you with the credible skills and practical knowledge needed to excel as an international director.
What courses are available for the scholarship?
One full scholarship place is available for each of the following courses:
- Fiji Directors Course, 16-18 July 2018
- Singapore ICDC, 13-17 August 2018
- Hong Kong ICDC, 3-7 September 2018
- Dubai ICDC, 14-18 October 2018
- Singapore ICDC, 19-23 November 2018
Who is eligible for these scholarships?
People of all nationalities are welcome to apply.
What is the selection criteria?
To be eligible for the scholarship, you must meet the following selection criteria:
- Be a director, aspiring director or community leader of an organisation with an annual turnover of less than AUD$1 million;
- Describe why without the scholarship they would not be able to attend such training;
- Describe the benefits they would receive as an individual in undertaking such training;
- Describe the benefits that their organisation or broader community would receive by undertaking such training; and
- Provide supporting documentation such as an endorsement letter from their organisation or professional reference
What is included in the scholarship?
Each successful applicant will receive:
- A full scholarship place to attend their selected International Company Directors Course; or
- A full scholarship place to attend the Fiji Directors Course; and
- One year complementary AICD membership
Please note that travel costs, accommodation and allowances are not included in the scholarship.
Who decides who gets awarded a scholarship?
Applications will be reviewed and determined by a selection panel drawn from the AICD Education & International division. Applications will be reviewed against the formal selection criteria.
How will applicants be notified they have been successful?
Successful applicants will be notified by email within two weeks of the application close date.
How do individuals apply for scholarships?
You must complete the application form found on our website here and submit to firstname.lastname@example.org along with any relevant supporting documentation by Friday 6 April 2018.