The AICD’s Indigenous Leaders Scholarship Program is designed to develop the governance expertise of Indigenous directors, executives and prospective directors around Australia.
The program will enable 20 Indigenous leaders to undertake the Company Directors Course Online™ and receive free membership with the AICD for one year.
The Company Directors Course Online™ is a postgraduate level program tailored both to experienced directors and those wishing to take their performance to the next level, as well as executives looking for an in depth understanding of governance issues.
Delivered via a blended learning approach (comprising both online and offline study) and supported by our team of experienced teaching faculty, it is best suited to participants who are comfortable with online learning and are keen to build connections with their fellow online learners.
Read more about the course here.
Scholarship applications are open from Monday 22 February 2021 and close on Monday 22 March 2021.
Who should apply?
We encourage you to apply if you:
- Identify as an Aboriginal or Torres Strait Islander person.
- Are an experienced director, senior executive or senior leader within an organisation.
- Have the ability and desire to contribute as a board member in the future.
- Can outline the benefits of completing the program for you, your organisation and/or your community.
- Can commit to undertaking the Company Directors Course Online™, commencing Friday 4 June 2021.
How do I apply?
Download an application form and return it by 5pm, Monday 22 March AEDT
Please contact Scott Dickson before the application deadline.
Please note: Applications for the earlier Company Directors Course for Indigenous Business Leaders Scholarships , a collaboration between the AICD, Perpetual and the Australian Scholarships Foundation (ASF) have now closed. All applicants will be notified of the outcome by Thursday 11 March 2021 via email.