Over five days of focused learning in our virtual classroom, you will develop your director skills by exploring case studies brought to life by video content and participating in interactive workshops on the issues and challenges that directors face.
Combining virtual classroom sessions, online learning activities and individual study, the blended delivery method provides a flexible and highly engaging learning environment designed to foster knowledge retention and application as well as relationship building with your online peers.
After completing the course, you will not only understand your roles and responsibilities and how to contribute to improved board performance and effectiveness, you will also walk away with valuable new connections.
The course offers a structured program over a total of 19 weeks which includes:
Two weeks of pre-reading to familiarise yourself with the course materials.
- An online Faculty Induction Session during week 1 of the course where you will virtually meet the teaching faculty and Learning Support Executive who will guide you through the program.
- This session provides an overview of what you can expect during the course and is a great opportunity to meet the cohort of online learners undertaking the course with you.
Five days in our virtual classroom (one day per week over five weeks).
A three-month assessment period where you will be supported by a dedicated Learning Support Executive as you navigate the assessment tasks.
An online Meet the Director session, where one of Australia's leading directors will discuss their directorship journey and how your experiences in the classroom can be applied in today’s evolving governance environment.
During the course, you will have access to:
Hard and soft copy course notes, supporting videos, eLearning modules and live tutorial sessions through the AICD’s online learning platform. The course notes include relevant case studies and activities that allow participants to apply learnings and reinforce knowledge.
- Online discussion forums that allow you to connect and discuss the course content with fellow participants.
An online Meet the Director session where you can engage with one of Australia’s leading directors.
- Live assessment tutorial sessions and a dedicated Learning Support Executive to guide you through the assessment.
After the course, participants:
- Will accrue 50 DPD units for completing the course.
- Can undertake the course assessment (optional); this must be completed within three months of the final live virtual classroom session.
On successful completion of the course assessment, participants:
Will qualify for the Company Directors Course Online Award and earn an additional 10 DPD points.
May be eligible to use the GAICD post nominals (AICD members only).