Delivered by practising not-for-profit directors from a range of organisations, this course consists of two, full-day sessions:
Day 1: Driving and Monitoring Not-for-Profit Performance
Develop an understanding of key strategic considerations for boards in enhancing the sustainability of their NFP organisation including approaches to addressing funding issues and increasing revenue (advertising, sponsorship, grants, commercial providers / partners, mergers, acquisitions, joint ventures).
How will I benefit?
Upon completion of this course you will be able to:
- Lead the executive, organisation and stakeholders in the areas of sustainability, strategy and risk.
- Efficiently address issues facing the board with respect to fundraising and sponsorship.
- Monitor, evaluate and influence the financial performance of your organisation.
- Evaluate and monitor strategic plans.
Day 2: Not-for-Profit Board Dynamics
Gain insights into effective board compositions, board structures and internal board processes that will improve decision making and increase the value your board adds to the organisation. Take away practical tools to improve your board’s engagement with employees and stakeholders.
How will I benefit?
Upon completion of this session you will be able to:
- Appropriately influence board structure, processes and behaviour
- Make more effective decisions as a board
- Conduct efficient and productive board meetings
- Effectively support your CEO to achieve performance goals
- Overcome the challenges of meeting the needs of multiple stakeholders
- Evaluate the performance of your board and its committees
- Develop and implement a succession plan for your board
Who should attend?
This program is suitable for experienced not-for-profit directors seeking to improve board and organisational outcomes or experienced directors wishing to transition into not-for-profit directorship.
Participants should have foundation level knowledge in governance prior to enrolling in this program.
Participants may choose to complete Governance Foundations for Not-for-Profit Directors, Foundations of Directorship or the Company Directors Course as preparation for attending this program.
Mode of study
Interactive sessions delivered by practising not-for-profit directors from a range of organisations. On the day you will have opportunities to discuss specific issues with the facilitator and network with your peers.