This one-day Governance for Directors course provides new directors, senior executives and managers a practical introduction to the roles and functions of the board and directors, knowledge of regulatory frameworks and compliance obligations as a director.
Take away insights into leadership, governance and the boardroom environment. Know what a director’s role is in monitoring performance and meeting compliance obligations, as well as the rights of directors. Feel more confident in your knowledge of appropriate composition and structure of boards, and the key requirements of good practice board operations, planning and selecting new directors.
Governance for Directors is comprised of:
- The Role of the Director and the Board
- Introduction to Board Meetings and Governance
You may also have the option to undertake the other 1 day programs which form part of the Foundations of Directorship program:
- Finance for Directors
- Strategy and Risk for Directors
Who should attend?
New directors, senior executives and managers from private, public and not-for-profit organisations who want to gain basic knowledge of the duties and responsibilities of boards and directors.
If enrolling in all three courses at the same time the course fee is reduced by a half-day. In order to receive this discount please contact your State Office.
How will I benefit?
Upon completion of this course you will be able to:
- Identify the role and key functions of the board and directors
- Appreciate how to focus on a balance between compliance and performance
- Further your knowledge of regulatory frameworks and the roles of different regulators
- Examine your role in meeting compliance obligations
- Evaluate board composition and structure
- Know how to make an informed decision about joining a board
Mode of study
Interactive facilitated session
Governance for Directors is also offered through our In-House service.
One full day (7 hours)
For more information please contact your State Office.
Please ensure you have read and understood the Cancellation Policy.