This course has been specially designed to help business owners and managing directors determine if their business is ready to establish a board, as well as decide on the right type of board.
With the opportunity to learn first-hand from experienced facilitators and fellow business owners, this course will give you the clarity and direction you need during this critical phase.
What will I learn?
- Duties and responsibilities of the sole managing director and business owner
- The meaning and importance of governance for SMEs
- Key objectives, priorities and critical trade-offs faced by owners and managing directors
- Governance boards vs. advisory committees
- Board succession planning
- How to set up an advisory committee or governance board
How will I benefit?
Upon completion of this course you will be able to:
- Identify the most appropriate governance structure for your business
- Effectively implement an advisory committee or governance board
- Better understand the duties and responsibilities of a director and how this relates to your role as owner or managing director
- Implement a robust succession plan for your board
- Secure the long-term success of your organisation
Who should attend?
Business owners and managing directors who are considering implementing a board, or those seeking to review their existing governance structures.
Mode of study
Our short courses are delivered face-to-face to a maximum of 24 participants by an experienced facilitator. Interactive in nature, participants are encouraged to learn from each other through sharing personal experiences and the use of real-life case studies.
We understand you're busy running a business and don't have the time to spend days away from the office at a course. This course is delivered in a 3.5 hour morning or afternoon session.
For more information please contact your State Office.
Please ensure you have read and understood the Cancellation Policy.