The course materials will be available for pre-reading six weeks prior to the course commencing. The course also provides outstanding networking opportunities across a wide variety of industries and sectors. If you are serious about a career as a director or enhancing your existing directorship knowledge, we recommend the Company Directors Course.
Who should attend?
- Executive directors
- Non-executive directors
- Senior executives who report to boards from publicly listed, private, Government and not-for-profit organisations.
How will I benefit?
The Company Directors Course will provide you with the confidence and currency of knowledge to more meaningfully contribute to your board and build your director portfolio.
Upon completion you will be able to:
- Clearly understand the duties and responsibilities of directors and their fiduciary duties and compliance roles
- Introduce and apply frameworks for board decision making
- Consider issues in contemporary directorship
- Outline sound practices in governance and risk management
- Identify the board’s contribution to organisational performance and strategy development and execution
- Develop financial literacy to assess the financial health of an organisation
- Introduce and apply tools for use in the boardroom to increase effectiveness
This course is held one day per week over five consecutive weeks. The intensive sessions are run by facilitators who have extensive real-world director experience coupled with the ability to create an interactive and unique learning environment.
For more information please contact your Division Office.
Please ensure you have read and understood the Cancellation Policy.
Complimentary e-learning courses
All Company Directors Course participants will receive complimentary access to The Director Mindset and Interpreting Financial Statements e-learning courses. Access to the courses will be sent to you via email with your confirmation of enrolment.
The e-learning courses are interactive. The Director Mindset helps establish the governance context of the course. It is best completed prior to attending the course. Interpreting Financial Statements caters to your specific finance development needs by allowing you to self-select your level of learning. To ensure you’re well prepared for finance, we strongly recommend you complete this e-learning course prior to participating in the finance modules (Day 4).