This one-day Finance for Directors course provides new directors, senior executives and managers with the basic skills required to interpret and assess three main types of financial statements - balance sheet, income statement (profit and loss) and cash flow statement – to identify information required to drive board decisions.
The course explains and assesses company financials through the eyes of the director and outlines the key responsibilities of a director in monitoring the accuracy and integrity of the organisation’s financial accounting systems. It provides a straight-forward introduction to financial statements and a guide to the financial performance of a company from a director’s perspective.
Finance for Directors is comprised of:
- Introduction to Financial Statements for Directors
- Assessing Financial Performance for Directors
You may also have the option to undertake the other one-day programs which form part of the Foundations of Directorship program:
- Governance for Directors
- Strategy and Risk for Directors
Who should attend?
New directors, senior executives and managers from private, public and not-for-profit organisations who want to gain basic knowledge of the duties and responsibilities of boards and directors.
If enrolling in all three courses at the same time the course fee is reduced by a half-day. In order to receive this discount please contact your State Office.
How will I benefit?
Upon completion of this course you will be able to:
- Appreciate the three types of financial statements: balance sheet, income statement and cash flow statement
- Outline the director’s role in evaluating financial statements
- Discuss the financial and non-financial indicators of organisational performance
- Ensure financial statements accurately reflect the organisation’s financial position
- Appreciate the importance of maintaining the accuracy and integrity of your organisation’s accounts
Mode of study
Interactive facilitated session
Finance for Directors is also offered through our In-House service.
One full day (7 hours)
For more information please contact your State Office.
Please ensure you have read and understood the Cancellation Policy.
+61 7 3222 5500