||Time & date
| Program Commencement
(Access course resources)
| 13 June 2022
| Virtual Classroom One -Two
4.30 pm – 6.00 pm AEST
22 June 2022
6 July 2022
It will also help you understand the appropriate structure for your business and what a board would bring to it.
Is this course right for you?
This online course is suitable for business owners and managing directors who are:
- in the process of growing their business; or
- considering implementing a board; or
- seeking to review their existing governance structures.
As part of an online cohort, with the support of your online tutor, you will explore:
- duties and responsibilities of the sole managing director and business owner;
- the meaning and importance of governance for small and medium businesses;
- key objectives, priorities and critical trade-offs faced by owners and managing directors;
- governance boards versus advisory boards;
- board succession planning; and
- how to set up an advisory or governance board.
What will you learn?
The course will help you understand the appropriate structure for your business and what a board would bring to it. After completing this course, you will be able to:
- Identify the most appropriate governance structure for your business;
- Effectively implement an advisory or governance board;
- Better understand the duties and responsibilities of a director and how this relates to your role as owner or managing director;
- Implement a robust succession plan for your board; and
- Work to secure the long-term viability of your organisation.
What can you expect?
Although this is an online course, you won’t be left alone without guidance and support. Throughout the course, you’ll be supported by an online tutor. Our tutors are experienced company directors. They are selected based on their knowledge of the board environment as well as their ability to engage and connect with participants.
Participants will be part of a cohort learning together over the structured four-week course. Participants are able to review resources and information independently week-by-week, but they’ll also be able to check in with fellow participants to test their assumptions, discuss dilemmas and share experiences.
Course content can be accessed 24 hours a day, seven days a week.
Does Your Business Need a Board is comprised of the following modules:
- Overview of Small-to-Medium Sized Businesses
- Key Considerations for Business Owners
- Board Advisory Committees
- Governance Overview
- Board Roles and Responsibilities
- Director Roles and Responsibilities
- Effective Boards
- Case Studies
Participants gain 10 DPD units for completing the course.