This course examines the roles of the board, directors and management, as well as the composition and structure of the board. Participants will review why the separation of management and control contributes to good corporate governance.
This program also covers the role of the company secretary in facilitating corporate governance for the organisation and in providing counsel to the board. Participants will explore key regulatory and organisational issues associated with the company secretary’s dual accountability, to ensure that the board develops a strong, dynamic and effective working relationship with the company secretary.
How will I benefit?
Upon completion of this course, you will be able to:
- Explore the role and responsibilities of the company secretary in supporting the board, including:
- the reasons for having a company secretary
- the extent of the legal authority of the company secretary
- the core legal responsibilities of all company secretaries
- Discuss the collaborative relationships (board, management and regulators) that assist the company secretary in meeting the organisation’s corporate governance obligations
- Identify the specific tasks of the company secretary
The course fee is inclusive of VAT.
Member: $1,550 (VIP)
Non-member: $2,170 (VIP)
Member: $1,033.33 (VIP)
Non-member: $1,446.67 (VIP)
Please ensure you have read and understood the Terms & Conditions .
Web enrolments are not available for this course.
International Members Executive
T. +61 2 8248 6600