As competition for highly coveted board positions intensifies standing out from the crowd has never been more important. Completing the Company Directors Course assessment and attempting to attain your GAICD post-nominals is one way to differentiate yourself.
Brushing up your knowledge and skills and graduating from the course will help you secure directorships, or help you work more effectively on boards you are already on.
Company Directors Course: Preparing for Success is a two-day workshop developed to support those who have attended the Company Directors Course but have not successfully completed the assessment.
The course is highly practical and targeted, guiding you step-by-step through what you need to do to complete the assessment. The workshops focus on achieving an optimum learning environment through the experience of an in–depth assessment breakdown.
Is this course right for you?
Participants must have completed the Company Directors Course within the last two years before attending this workshop. For those participants who have not attempted the Company Directors Course assessment, it is mandatory that the first 3 month assessment period has expired.
- Those who have not attempted the Company Directors Course Assessment
- Those who have not successfully completed the Company Directors Course assessment
What will you learn?
After completing 11 hours of highly focused and practical workshops, you will have the confidence and appropriate tools to undertake the Company Directors Course assessment.
The program is run as a series of brief, succinct interactive workshops which will allow effective learning and revision.
There are four two hour workshops covering the four key topic areas of the Company Directors Course:
- Director Duties
- Strategy & Risk
Each two hour workshop consists of:
- A high level overview of the key messages from relevant modules, covering:
- The five key takeaways of each topic area
- The key issues related to each topic that a board might face.
- Facilitated practice questions including:
- guidance on how to interpret a multiple choice and long answer question; and
- a breakdown of how to answer Part 3 of the assignment
- Question time and tips and techniques for revision.
There is also a three hour Company Directors Course assessment module which consists of:
- explanation of the elements of the Company Directors Course assessment;
- techniques and tips on responding to the quiz, including facilitated practice questions;
- techniques and tips on responding to the exam, including facilitated run-throughs of practice questions;
- how to set out, format and submit the assignment, including a facilitated run-through of a practice question; and
- question time and tips and techniques for revision.
What can you expect?
The course is face-to-face only.
The course includes:
- Company Directors Course notes
- An assessment attempt and resit opportunity;
- Comprehensive practice questions and case study materials;
- Facilitated learning sessions
It will be assumed that you will have reviewed their Company Directors Course course notes, and your additional Preparing for Success Handbook, prior to your attendance.
As a participant you will go through the normal Company Directors Course assessment process after completing the Preparing for Success workshop. The three month attempt period still applies after the Preparing for Success workshop.