1. Program Objective
To drive a more rapid increase in the number of Tasmanian women who are board-ready and to foster emerging female talent.
2. Description of Scholarship
The Tasmanian Government Board Diversity Governance Scholarship Program is offered by the Tasmanian Government in partnership with the Australian Institute of Company Directors (AICD).
In its second year, the Program will award:
- Three Company Directors Course (CDC) scholarships to women to attend one of AICD’s scheduled course dates between January and June 2017. The course is five days in duration plus there are also pre-reading requirements. Scholarship recipients will be required to undertake the two-part assessment process after the course, consisting of an assignment and an on-line exam.
- Sixteen Foundations of Directorship (FOD) course scholarships to women to attend the three day course in Hobart from 15-17 February 2017. Scholarship holders must be able to attend on these specified dates.
- Scholarship recipients will be required to undertake the assessment after the course.
- Find out more about the Foundations of Directorship program at:
3. Program Management
The AICD is responsible for managing the scholarship application process and course enrolments.
The selection of scholarship recipients will be decided by a Selection Panel comprised of senior AICD members and a representative of the Department of Premier & Cabinet (DPAC).
4. Scholarship Program Dates and Application Process
Applications close at 5pm onFriday 16 September 2016.
Applicants will be notified of the outcome of their application in late October 2016. Scholarship recipients must attend the relevant AICD course by 30 June 2017. The course assessment must be completed within six weeks of the course date. (Consideration may be given to extend the assessment date if individual circumstances necessitate.)
5. Eligibility Criteria
To be considered for a scholarship, candidates must:
- Be female;
- Be an Australian citizen, or holder of a visa that enables the applicant to live in Australia for at least the next five years;
- Be a resident of Tasmania;
- Not been disqualified as a director or removed from a board;
- Be able to commit to course timings;
- Be able to meet the costs of travel and accommodation, where necessary; and
- Be able to commit to successfully completing the required course assessment within six weeks of the course date.
6. Selection Criteria
The scholarships will be offered to suitably qualified women who are self employed, employed or recently employed.
They will be candidates with leadership experience that will enable them to contribute to the interactive group discussions during both courses.
The Selection Committee will also take into consideration candidates:
- identifying financial circumstances that may otherwise preclude participation in the course ;
- the individual’s reasons for applying for the scholarship;
- career aspirations;
- who have disability;
- who are Aboriginal or Torres Strait Islander.
For full details of the selection criteria please refer to the online Application Form at: http://aicd.companydirectors.com.au/contact/tasmania
7. Selection Process
The Selection Panel will review and select scholarship recipients based on the written application forms and referee checks.
No further review or discussion of applications will be entered into.
All applicants will be notified by phone or email of the outcome of the selection process.
8. Where to Apply
To apply for the Tasmanian Government Board Diversity Governance Scholarships go to aicd.companydirectors.com.au/contact/tasmania
9. Payment of Scholarship
Scholarships cannot be paid retrospectively for any course or program previously undertaken. Recipients will be provided with enrolment to the CDC or the FOD free of program fees (not including accommodation or travel costs).
No payments will be made directly to a recipient in lieu of the stated scholarship benefits.
10. Privacy and Application Terms and Conditions
All applicants for the Tasmanian Government Board Diversity Governance Scholarship are required to agree with the following:
- The information provided in the application is true and accurate at the time of lodgement;
- No further discussion or review of an application will be entered into;
- AICD and/or the Selection Panel may contact the applicant’s nominated referees;
- The AICD and/or the Tasmanian Government may publish the applicant’s full name and organisation in promotional material;
- The AICD may use information collected in applications for marketing and survey purposes; and
- Where AICD uses information for marketing purposes, applicants will be provided with the opportunity to decline any further marketing material.
10. Contact Information
For further information and to apply for the Tasmanian Government Board Diversity Governance Scholarship, please visit: aicd.companydirectors.com.au/contact/tasmania